22 August 2016

Rapesco 6 hole organiser punch

Rapesco are about to release a redesigned 6 hole organiser punch and they kindly sent me a few samples to test out and evaluate.

The new Rapesco 6 hole punch in White, Candy Pink and Black 

The new model comes in five colours: Black, White, Silver, Powder Blue, Candy Pink.

Whilst the basic mechanics of the punch are similar to the old model there are several improvements over the old design. Just to remind you here are the two side by side.



The new model is much easier to set up as is has very clear size indicators on the sliding punch blocks.


There is now a slide out paper guide with stops for Personal, Timer 21 and A5 sizes. The old model didn't have this at all.

Paper Guides at A5, Timer21 and Personal settings

The upper lever is now made from metal as opposed to the older model plastic one. It also features a lock so you can press the lever down and lock it in the closed position to save space in your stationery cave! To unlock it you just press it down a little and slide the lock to the unlocked position.

Un-locked on the left and locked down on the right

The removable cover on the underneath side of the punch has also been redesigned. There is an easy to open flap, so you don't have to turn the punch over to empty it and this reduces the risk of the paper chads going everywhere! You can still remove it completely as well as before for periodic cleaning and maintenance of the punch. You can see the paper guide in more detail too.


The white rectangle on the left hand side is a small window, this has been provide so that you can put your name on a piece of card to personalise the punch.


The new punch is capable of punching the following sizes:
  • A5 (by double punching, but with the aid of the paper guide it is now much easier to do)
  • Agenda and A6 organisers
  • Planner and Timer 21 organisers 
  • Pocket and Timer 14 organisers
  • Personal, Compact, Slimline and Timer 17 organisers
  • Mini Organisers (but not Van der Spek Mini)
This covers Filofax, Van der Spek, Gillio, Quo Vadis, Mulberry, Collins and others that use the common sizes and spacings. All are detailed on a comprehensive instruction sheet which will soon be available on the Rapesco website. 

Undocumented in the instruction sheet, with a little bit of fine tuning of the paper guide it is also possible to punch Deskfax 9 hole pages too. Using a similar method to punching A5 except you set the punch to personal size and flip the page punching the middle three holes a second time. 

The packaging indicates that the punch can be used for up to 10 sheets of paper at once. The hole size is 5.5 mm.

Stocks of this new model will be appearing with all sellers as they replenish their stocks in the next couple of months.

Thank you to Rapseco for sending me the samples of their new up dated punch.


You can purchase the new 6 hole punch on Amazon USA and Amazon UK see the links below:

Amazon USA



Amazon UK


39 comments:

  1. Love the pink and white! Following on Twitter gk_wells!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tweeted (@Redheaded1) and I Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tweeted (@Redheaded1) and I Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do not Pin images from this site on Pinterest

      Delete
  4. Yay this is great! I already have the current Rapesco but I will definitely be buying one of these. I really like the whole size guide, it will make things much simpler.
    :D shared, liked and following:)
    Aka The Stationery Geekette :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I followed on Twitter--@Nieka4444.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the review! I'm krispin41 on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just followed on twitter @poppyellie1234

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! Followed as @MMMEEELLLLLL:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Following as @theplannerninja

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is great improvement! @houseoflotte on twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a black one, but pink?!? Would love one. You mention 9 hole punching, would this punch for the MAMBI Happy Planner. If somthere are a lot of people out there that would snap it up. @RuthfromBath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the hole spacing of the MAMBI planner? Do you have one?

      Delete
    2. The Mambi is the Arc system Steve, a lot of people just punch holes then cut the slits.

      Delete
  12. Great improvement! While I make do with a black one, another colour would be fun! I am @izzyfalloni on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great improvements! My Twitter username is chronic_katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the Rapesco, but this new one has so many improvements. I will most likely buy. I tweeted and follow (@marymaud). I like On FB.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The new design seems to have been well thought through. Have they disclosed the new retail selling price? @WestwoodLodge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Following Rapesco on Twitter! @cmvolkman

    ReplyDelete
  17. Followed from @keepingyourcent

    ReplyDelete
  18. I followed on Twitter @Carollee321

    ReplyDelete
  19. Liked on Facebook and followed on Twitter. Username @sparrowlight

    ReplyDelete
  20. This would be so great-much easier and faster than lining up and using a single punch. TwinMom1221 (I followed on Twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome improvement - can't wait to get one!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have the old one, but the new improvements mean I will have to buy a new one! Wish it came in red. Followed on Twitter (@AimlessAllee).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you :) I'd like to win this one as I have the old one. I'm @atelierdemitsue
    Good luck everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Crikey I'm such a sucker for pink!!!!

    I've followed on Twitter (@foxyfox11) and retweeted one of Rapesco's posts, mainly because it had the pink hole punch on it Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the fact that it has the paper guide. Also, pink is an added bonus.

    I've shared and liked Rapesco on Facebook, and I've retweeted and followed Rapesco on Twitter. My user name is: @WhimsyMusings

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the colors..and my Twitter name is @imvintagetose..

    ReplyDelete
  27. I hope the contest is still going on. I followed on Twitter and my name is Kanalt, @wellplannedlife

    ReplyDelete
  28. Twitter @fa_frutta , btw I loved the pink one definitely I'm going to get it...

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome! I have seen a photo, but hadnt gotten a lot of information. Thanks for this post. Following on Twitter @ladynwonderland

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome! I have seen a photo, but hadnt gotten a lot of information. Thanks for this post. Following on Twitter @ladynwonderland

    ReplyDelete
  31. Drooling over the white one! Following on twitter (@OneSweetShannon)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Following on Twitter (@7c8) :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such a big improvement over the old one. Would love the classic black @esskaym

    ReplyDelete