15 December 2013

Reader Under The Spotlight - Malini

Hello everyone!
I am Malini. I was born and raised in New Delhi, India. Ever since I was a child I loved beautiful stationery, drawings and colourful things especially colour pens and pencils. I always loved drawing and colouring that enabled me to become a Children’s book Illustrator and freelance for some renowned publishers like UNICEF and Scholastic.

I live with my super supportive husband in our beautiful home in Sydney, Australia. My home is where my heart is! Early this year, I started watching some Home Organisation videos, to get some Organisational tips and tricks purely because I cannot concentrate when things are disorganised. That’s when I started looking for the perfect Notebook/Home Organisation Binder/ Planner to have a system in place for our home and have things written down.

I could not find anything in Sydney that was to my liking and that I could call “the perfect planner” Everything in Australia is so expensive that at one stage I almost gave up and felt frustrated that I could not find anything. Then one day, I watched a video on YouTube by Nadine (Nadine’s Mixed Plate) and that is when I discovered that there is something called Filofax. That was the day I decided that I desperately needed a Filofax in my life and purchased my first Filofax thinking that will be the last one. But NO! I haven’t stopped since. The madness continues and that is what I blog about. I share my passion for Planner page decorations and reviews on my blog.

www.coloursnme.com


1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I purchased my first Filofax back in May 2013, which was a Chameleon Black in A5 size. I got it at a 50% off on the Filofax UK website.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

Other than the Filofaxes I own, I also have three kikki-K planners and one non-leather planner by TYPO. At the moment I am not looking at purchasing any other brand. Though, I have to say that I love my Filofaxes more than any other brand.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

The Chameleon A5 size is my favourite “All in One”- in terms of design, appearance and the elegance. God knows why Filofax discontinued that model! Other than that I absolutely love the “The Original” Filofaxes. I own the Fluoro Pink in A5 & Personal, Yellow personal and Green Personal. I would love to buy the Fuchsia as well in personal size.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I own nine Filofaxes at the moment.

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

Chameleon Black in A5 size is the oldest in my collection that I purchased in May this year.

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

My Filofaxes are purely for me to get things out of my head and organise my life. Decorating the planner pages just adds value and makes organisation fun for me. I absolutely love the decoration part of the organisation process; it is so therapeutic to me.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

You can do so much with a Filofax. I love the fact that I can customise it according to my requirements and liking. I love the beautiful finishing in all the Filofaxes (at least the ones I own).

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I will definitely have better quality inserts/diary refills. I would also cut down on the number of Address pages and add some more notes or to-do pages. As for the design of the actual planner, I love the way they currently look. So I don’t think there is a need for change.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

Well, I don’t like scratches and marks on my belongings at all including my Filofaxes. So I like to protect my Filofax/planner. I put the Filofax/planner in a pouch and carry in my handbag. The A5 sizes usually stay home.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I am tempted to buy the Calipso in Bright Blue but I am not sure if I want to buy the A5 or Compact. I do not like the Compact size at all. Wish they had a Personal size in this particular model.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

£80.00 on the A5 Pink Fluoro Original Filofax from the Filofax UK website.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

The Credit Card holders are my absolute best friends. I use them to store sticky tabs, Washi samples on the go and small stickers as well. Love them.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love the Filofax community that gets together here. Philofaxy is the hub for pretty much all Filofax related information. I love the updates, information and the wonderful people that you get to meet through Philofaxy. It’s awesome!

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Do I have to answer this question? Really? Then I would say that I have NOTHING that I dislike about Philofaxy.

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

I bought a Karaoke Track for a Bollywood song. Yes, I do sing!

16. Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?

Mark Darcy

Thank you Malini for your contribution to our feature, I think you have the dream job in the eyes of a lot of our readers!  I am looking forward to featuring your blog posts in Web-finds in future. 

11 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing! And your handwriting is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So kind of you to say so. Thank you so much! All the credit goes to my parents. They both have beautiful handwriting in all the Scripts i.e English, Hindi, Tamil and Sanskrit. :)

      Delete
  2. Malini is so talented - and such a sweetheart! I am continually blown away by the creativity and kindness she shares with the community. She is a perfect spotlight choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chells, You are always kind and very sweet to me. Always supportive and appreciative of my work. Thank you for being there for me always. :)

      Delete
  3. Hello, Malina....thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malini....I, too, love the Chameleon!!!!!!!!! I own a Personal and an A5 #ChocoloateChameleon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isnt it just awesome!!! I am always drawn towards the Chameleon even after purchasing so many planners. There is something magical about it.

      Delete
  5. Hadn't thought of using credit card holders for post-its and other odds & ends. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems at all. The pleasure is mine. Try using it. Its really fantastic.
      :)

      Delete
  6. I love how bright and pretty your blog is - just the thing to make the sun shine on a grey day :-) I loved your Dussehra inspired week :-)

    ReplyDelete