27 October 2013

Reader Under The Spotlight - Natasha

Hi All! I'm Natasha. When I'm not wrangling my two energetic children, organising my household, or sipping on a (much needed) coffee, I can always be found with my Filofaxes. Since having my daughter 4.5 years ago, my love of organising then became more of a necessity and not just an interest.

I discovered Filofax and the passionate community that comes with it around February this year, and I am so happy to be able to share my passion for organisation and planners with others. If you're ever in the mood for a sit down and a read of my blog Skinny Budget, head on over to  and be sure to say hello :)

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

My First Filofax at the start of this yea, it was a Personal Domino from Ebay for $22 including shipping which I was very happy about!

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

Prior to Filofax I have just purchase the $6 dollar, very basic planners from Kmart. I have considered trialling the Kikki K planners, but I think this is largely due to the hype around them right now.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My favourite would have to be my A5 Filofax Finsbury in Antique Rose, the colour and the style just makes me smile.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I currently own 5.. and counting

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

That would be my FF Finsbury in Personal size (pink) I got second hand, I can't tell you exactly how old 'she' is, but she is the oldest to date.

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

I use 2 currently and have covered in great detail what I use each on for on my blog, but to put it simply. Personal= on the go, short hand notes. A5= more detailed notes, more structure with organising my life (but stays on my desk at home.) When I first bought my Domino personal and saw people using multiple Filofaxes at once I thought.. is that EVEN possible/ necessary but you soon realise that you will want and use your Filofax for different purposes, and those purposes will possibly change. I don't know if I would ever opt to use 3 again (I once used another to organise my finances) but for now, I am organised and happy with my current setup.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

I was definitely more drawn to the 'community' the FF has around it, the people and the passion at first. After that I was very drawn to the variety and colours available.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

More variety with the inserts and possibly better quality . I use the free WO2P via the Philofaxy website,  as I just wasn't really in love with the 'Appointment style' layout that came with my A5, the quality of the paper compared to the price you are paying for FF inserts.. I can't really justify it at the moment.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I have been on the hunt for a Personal size Finsbury in Antique Rose in great condition for a VERY long time, I contacted numerous FF sites and was informed they are discontinuing the Antique Rose and won't be shipping anymore to Australia. So I was very disappointed, however just this week I found one! It has never used and cost $66 (inc. shipping) from the Philofaxy website! As quick as you could say THAT'S MINE! I had purchased it :)

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

That would definitely be my A5 FF Finsbury, it was a joint present from myself and my Fiancé and it cost $189.95 but that still counts .. right? It is by far the most amount of money I have ever spent on a FF or planner to date.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

My favourite would have to be my DIY card holder hack. I blogged about this a while back, and the response was pretty positive. I like that you can own and decorate a FF even when on a tight budget, there are plenty of helpful people out there willing to share their knowledge.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I absolutely love the community within Philofaxy, you always feel welcome.  Then would be the Diary Inserts. The range is fantastic, you can appreciate the time and effort that was put in to make them available to use.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

I don't get paid to write this I swear! Haha, but I haven't come across a single negative thing with Philofaxy.

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Oh Gosh..I don't really download music any more, but I believe it was Adele- set fire to the rain

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?

Mark Darcy all the way!

Thank you Natasha for stepping forward and wanting to take part in Reader Under the Spotlight. 

4 comments:

  1. Great interview and love your blog.
    Could relate to the list of things you shouldn't be buying, as i too am a bag/ wallet lady, love chocolate ( well, food in general) and of course stationery and Filofaxes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sheila :) I think my list of things I shouldn't be buying has grown unfortunately! But I love the Filofax community and its supportive family x

      Delete
  2. Nice to meet you. Going to check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi :) Thank you for checking out my blog, hopefully you liked it!

      Delete