26 August 2013

Filofax Press Release - Charleston


Great Gatsby Glamour

The NEW Charleston range from Filofax – inspired by the 1920’s


Charleston – available in Pocket, Compact and A5
£60 - £99

The new Charleston range from Filofax is inspired by the glamour of the Great Gatsby era and features luxurious leather with a rich varied grain as well as a classic 1920’s gold coloured stud. The range oozes a simple, seductive style that sums up the spirit of the Jazz Age.  The look and feel of the Roaring Twenties is further reinforced by the classic choice of colours - a soft brown, a rich purple or a vibrant red.

The Charleston is available in three sizes; Pocket, Compact and A5. Inside you'll find the finest cotton cream stationery – perfect for making notes on everything from who to invite to a cocktail party to a romantic rendezvous.

The A5 Charleston has a secure, padded internal zipped compartment. The folders and folios in the range are designed to hold an iPad or other tablets, and there is also a large matching handbag and briefcase. 
Charleston Compact (Blue)
£65

Charleston Pocket (Purple, Red, Brown)
£60


Charleston range details:
  • Material: Genuine full aniline buffalo leather 
  • Colours available in the organisers: Brown, Red, Purple 
  • Features: Gold Coloured stud on closure and Gold Coloured ring mechanism
  • Available soon on Filofax UK

19 comments:

  1. The strap (flap really) looks kinda short. I wonder if it will seem so when in use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, gold rings, I know some people who will be very excited about that!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The closure looks rather like the calypso, might not take much stuffing. But so stylish, and gorgeous colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the classic look! Wish it came in a cream/ivory color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm liking the look of this... apart from the strap. Hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love he look of these, is there a blue then? Mentions blue on the picture but not in the text!! I've been longing for a lovely navy blue Filofax for ages now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW...I generally only am attracted to #ChameleonLove, #MaldenLove and #HolbornLove BT the Charleston line could become one of my favorites. It is very classy and timeless looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's intended for women, I'd say.

      Delete
  8. Steve, do you have pictures of the inside you could share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not as yet, I will see if I can get a sample to review and do a full detail photo shoot of it.

      Steve

      Delete
    2. I hope it's not top secret, but it's possible to have a look inside pocket Charleston on filofax.se - there's a link to new swedish catalogue (NY KATALOG 2014), Charleston is on page 13. The link is in the same place as "2013 products now in" on filofax.co.uk.
      If the link doesn't appear, just press refresh until it does.

      Or here is the direct link to the catalogue: http://issuu.com/billes/docs/filofax_kat_2014_inlaga_hela?e=20130702

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Steve. Eagerly anticipating your in-depth review of the Charleston!

      Delete
  9. Do we know the ring size? I like it if the strap is long. I wonder if it is stiff or flexible?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ring sizes:
      Pocket 15mm
      Compact 15mm
      A5 25mm

      Delete
  10. I like the look of this new range. Nice choice of colors, all my favorites. The gold rings and stud is a plus too. Interesting that it comes in a compact size, but not in a personal. The strap does look a little short, but for me that is not an issue since I normally do not stuff my agendas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this new range! It looks like the Calypso but I have never been a fan of the embossing on the closure. This one looks much better, and are in colors that I like. And I love the 1920's as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This year has been very much a 'year of the '20s' for me, with classes in both French society and American literature devoting ample time to the Jazz Age/les Années folles, so I feel like I should buy a Charleston (what a great name, right?). Sadly, I know I couldn't fit into a Compact, so unless Filofax comes out with a Personal version, it's not to be.

    ReplyDelete